Brilliant products need to be connected to a network that is 2.4GHz, they cannot be connected to 5GHz networks. 5GHz is not the same as 5G though. If you have a 5G modem, Brilliant products should still work so long as there is a 2.4GHz network (there is usually a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network available for modems).
Articles in this section
- Do smart homes use more electricity?
- What can smart homes do?
- Are smart homes safe?
- How do I link my Brilliant Smart device to my Google Home?
- How do I link my Brilliant Smart device to my Amazon Alexa?
- Why are my Brilliant Smart devices no longer working with my new modem?
- Can I use Siri with my Brilliant Smart devices?
- How do I add a "Widget" or "Shortcut" on one of my Brilliant Smart Home devices?
- Do the Brilliant Smart Home devices have IFTTT compatibility with other brands?
- Can I share the Brilliant Smart Home devices with other household members?