This is the horizontal distance from the face of the lock to the centre line of the cylinder, key hole or knob hub. This measurement varies depending upon the product, however, most residential locks are 60mm backset - this would account for more than 98% of Australian home applications.
Articles in this section
- What are the different types of door handles, and what function do they serve?
- What size rose is best suited for a retro fit?
- What do I need to pair with my Entry Pull Handle?
- What deadbolt is best suited for a front door?
- What's the difference between a single and double cylinder deadbolt?
- How to understand your door handle
- What is the standard door thickness?
- Are our door hardware products fire rated?
- Do cabinet handles come with fixing screws?
- What is an adjustable latch?