When we want to assess how bright a light is, we will refer to the lumens(lm) of the light source. Lumens are a measure of the total amount of visible light for a light source. The higher the number, the brighter the light. For traditional incandescent globes, the general rule is the higher the wattage the brighter the light. But with LED advancement in recent years being more energy efficient, the best way to assess the brightness of a light is to look at the lumens.
Articles in this section
- How do I maintain my lights?
- Do all lights include globes?
- Do you offer installation services?
- What to look for when buying new lights?
- How quickly can I get Lighting products?
- What is the warranty for lighting products?
- What does colour temperature mean? Is colour temperature important?
- How to determine how bright a light is?
- What are the different types of light bulbs? Which type is the most energy efficient?
- How do I know which light bulb to buy? What should I be looking for when buying a new globe?