- Glazed tiles are manufactured from a liquid glass coating, which is then baked into the surface of the clay.
- Both Porcelain and Ceramic tiles can be glazed.
- Glazing is used to add colour and patterns to a ceramic tile and assist with sealing a porcelain tiles finish, allowing it to be resistant to moisture and stains.
- Glazing also helps seal the microscopic pores in both ceramic and porcelain, making them highly resistant to dirt and stains.
- Polished porcelains are natural porcelains with polished surfaces. The natural stone surface itself is polished in a similar fashion to granite.
- The polishing process opens up the pores of the tile, it is recommended that these products are sealed before installation.
- Before sealing it is essential that all wax residue is removed. Failure to do so will result in contaminants being sealed into the surface of the tile which can compromise the sealant.