The sealing of tiles is not always required and it will depend on the type of tile you install. Natural stones such as marble, granite travertine, terrazzo and other porous man-made surfaces such as terracotta and concrete tiles will require sealing to protect against any staining or damage. Most porcelain and ceramic tiles do not normally require sealing, and a glazed tile will not need to be sealed as the glaze itself will act as a seal.
Articles in this section
- Can Ceramic Tiles be used outdoors?
- Types of Tile Materials/Finishes
- Can I use tiles around my fireplace?
- Can I use the same tiles on floors and walls?
- Do I need to seal my tiles?
- How to clean & maintain your tiles?
- About our Tile Samples
- How to calculate the amount of tiles you need?
- Some of my tiles are chipped/damaged, what do I do?
- Tile Classifications/Wear Rating: