Ceramic tiles are not recommended for outdoor use because they are too porous and can absorb water. That means the tiles can become damaged during freeze/thaw conditions as absorbed water expands and contracts. If you want to use tiles outside, it is recommended to go for a porcelain tile as it is more durable and less vulnerable to water and temperature changes.
Articles in this section
- Can Ceramic Tiles be used outdoors?
- Types of Tile Materials/Finishes
- Can I use tiles around my fireplace?
- Can I use the same tiles on floors and walls?
- Do I need to seal my tiles?
- How to clean & maintain your tiles?
- About our Tile Samples
- How to calculate the amount of tiles you need?
- Some of my tiles are chipped/damaged, what do I do?
- Tile Classifications/Wear Rating: